- September 11th Club night – MacVine International Wine and Glassware Importers and Distributors
- October 10th Club night – Askerne Estate Winery from Havelock North
- November 14th Club night – Valli Vineyards, Creating some of Gibbston Valley’s finest wines
- November 26th Sunday Lunch – Christmas Outing to Vin Alto, Clevedon. An acclaimed Vineyard restaurant serving suburb Italian food with their own delicious wines.
Club Night 12th September at 7.00pm
Featuring Macvine Wine importers and Distributors
Comparative tastings of grapes and wine styles grown in different parts of the world with fascinating and informative commentary.
- Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay wines from France compared to white wines from Australia and New Zealand
- 2 x Bordeaux blends from France compared to Bordeaux Blends from Australia and New Zealand
Plus an amazing demonstration of the differences to wine taste caused by different shaped wine glasses.
Michael Jemison the presenter has decades of experience around the world in the wine industry and is sure to give us one of the most interesting and enjoyable club nights of the year.
A great evening for new members to experience what the club has to offer.
Club Night 10th October at 7.00pm
Askerne Estate Winery from Havelock North
‘Wine loving husband and wife owners John and Kathryn Loughlin, made their first Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc wines in 1996 and in 1998 planted Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Marlbec and Cavernet Franc vines. Their unique vineyards near the Tuki Tuki river include 6 different soils from gravels to silt and loam giving them a fascinating range of wine options which they enjoy developing into delicious red and white wines each year. The majority of fruit is hand harvested and sorted and the wine making has a traditional and minimalist approach.
An evening not to be missed.